On a nearly monthly basis, WPTC hosts tennis socials for members and prospective members to meet, play tennis and of course eat! Socials are a great opportunity to socialize with old friends and make new ones, put that new shot you've been working on to the test or show off your prowess in the kitchen!
Who Can Participate
- Socials are open to both members and non-members.
- The cost is $16 for members and $21 for non-members.
- Registration IS required as there are a limited number of spots.
How Our Socials Work
Socials are often themed events with a round-robin style playing format over a period of approximately 4 hours. We strive to give everyone about 2 hours of playing time and 2 hours of time to socialize.
- Everyone is divided into 2 groups, based on similar NTRP Rating (ability level). This way it's fun for everyone!
- While one group plays for 40 minutes, the other group socializes over food and drink. After 40 minutes, the groups switch.
- The first couple of playing slots are assigned, giving folks a chance to play with people they might not typically play with. But not to worry, the last playing slot is open sign up, so you can play with anyone you want.
- The food at socials is typically a member pot-luck, however in the summer the club may surprise members with a complimentary barbecue.
When Are They Held
- Held in May, June and July at Washington Park.
- The July social is always free to Wash Park Tennis Club members. So become a member before July!
August is The Challenge
August is time for Wash Park TC and Lakewood TC face off in a head-to-head battle of the clubs! The winning club not only takes home the annual trophy, but more importantly has bragging rights for 365 days! Learn More
- Held in October, November, January, February, and March. No social in December.
- Play is indoors at the Colorado Athletic Club at Monaco.