On a nearly monthly basis, WPTC hosts tennis socials for members and prospective members to meet, play tennis and of course eat! Socials are a great opportunity to socialize with old friends and make new ones, put that new shot you've been working on to the test or show off your prowess in the kitchen (during the winter potlucks)!
When Are They Held
- Held in May, June, July and August at Washington Park.
- Typically have room for 48 people.
- All food and beverages are provided by the club.
- The July social is our special Member Appreciation social. It's only open to members, and everyone who attends leaves with a great give-away gift!
- Held in October, November, January, February, and March. No social in December.
- Play is indoors at Meadow Creek Tennis & Fitness Club (for 2021)
- Typically have room for 64 people. (Check event as this may vary).
- It's a Potluck - so everyone brings their favorite dish to share.
- Non-alcoholic beverages are provided by the club.
- Alcoholic beverages - the first drink is complimentary, after that it's a cash bar.
Who Can Participate
- Most Socials are open to both members and non-members, although members are given priority. Non-member registration starts 10 days before the event (assuming there is space available).
- The cost can vary from $16 to $20 for members and $21 to $25 for non-members. (Prices may be different during the winter socials - see event)
- Registration IS required as there are a limited number of spots.
- If the event fills up, you'll be able to add your name to the waitlist by going through the registration process (but payment isn't required until after you get bumped up off the waitlist).
How Our Socials Work
Socials are often themed events with a round-robin style playing format over a period of approximately 4 hours. We strive to give everyone about 2 hours of playing time and 2 hours of time to socialize.
- Everyone is divided into 2 groups, based on similar NTRP Rating (ability level). This way it's fun for everyone!
- While one group plays for 40 minutes, the other group socializes over food and drink. After 40 minutes, the groups switch.
- The first couple of playing slots are assigned, giving folks a chance to play with people they might not typically play with. But not to worry, the last playing slot is open sign up, so you can play with anyone you want.
Cancellations & Refunds
If you can't make it after you've registered, sign into your WPTC account
and you can cancel your registration up to 2 days before the event.
- We often have people on the waitlist so we can probably find a replacement to take your spot.
- You'll get a credit issued to your WPTC account which you can use towards the next event.
- Unfortunately, we can't issue credits or refunds for cancellations with less than 48 hours notice.