We're scheduling our first Summer Social of 2022! This event is open to all members and non-members...first come, first served.
Sign up now for this limited space event!
- Deadline: Registration closes at midnight on June 22 or when all available spots have been filled, whichever comes first.
- If we fill up before the deadline, there will be a wait list.
What You Can Expect At This Event
- All food & beverages are provided
- Play is outdoors at the Wash Park South Tennis Courts (map)
- Check-in starts at 8:30 am.
- When you check in, we'll let you know if you're in the 1st or 2nd round. 1st round play starts at promptly at 9:00 am.
- If you're in the 2nd round, relax with some food & drink and socialize with new and old club friends!
- Court assignments will be posted.
- Balls are provided.
What You Should Bring
- Your tennis gear!
- You might want to bring a lawn chair.
- Don't worry about food or beverages!
- Your own reusable water bottle.
Questionable weather on the day of the event?
Just in case, here's how we'll manage the possibility of bad weather...
- On the day of the event, if the weather is questionable, we will post an update on the website.
- Unless a cancellation notice is posted on the site, you should assume the event is happening as scheduled.
- If the event is cancelled due to inclement weather, then a credit will be applied to your WPTC account. You'll be able to use this credit to play a future social.
COVID INFO AND WAIVER
As with all public activity, there is an assumption of risk that each player takes on when choosing to participate. Obviously, if you are not feeling well or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, or if you are concerned with your own health during the pandemic, please do not participate until such time as you are healthy and feel more comfortable.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. I acknowledge and understand the following:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and
3. I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with the Activity, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
BY ATTENDING AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE GIVEN A FULL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO WASHINGTON PARK TENNIS CLUB TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.